I was looking at you tube videos where you tubers were de cluttering their makeup and some of them had almost the same shades in different brands. Seeing those videos, I realised that even I have the tendency to buy mauve or muted pinks and would have a few of them in the same family shade.
Digging through my stash, I indeed found a few shades pretty similar to each other and decided to compare them. Do note that I have one shade swatched which leans towards red and just got on my hand I just didn’t bother to wipe it.
- Colorbar soft mattes in the shade Demure (Rs275, unfortunately they have discontinued this, but available online on Amazon and flipkart)
- Lakme enrich lipstick in 135 which is a coral red and should be disregarded.
- Lakme enrich lipstick in shade 158 (Rs225)
- Maybelline moisture extreme lipstick in the shade Amethyst (Rs250, discontinued but available online)
- Maybelline Colorsensation lipstick in the shade Hookedon pink (Rs 325)
- Rimmel London lipstick in the shade Heartbreaker (Rs 275)
- Maybelline Watershine lipstick in the shade MF21 (can’t remember, sorry;discontinued )
(The prices listed are what I bought them at and may have changed since companies keep hiking the prices every 6 months)
As you can see these are very price friendly and just so gorgeous that there is no way I want to part with them. And considering, I’m not de cluttering as there is no need to, I guess I’m just happy to have these shades in my collection.
So do you have any similar shades you tend to gravitate towards? Would love to hear about it.