I love love these lipsticks so much, especially Stay with me coral was on my Wishlist for a very long time; so when I found this and Infinitely Fushica online at discount, I went ahead and ordered them.
Presenting the Maybelline Super stay 14 hr lipstick, a matte lipstick with numerous shades to appease every colour appetite.
My love affair actually started with Continuous Cranberry from this range which is the perfect dark red with plum tones. This one lasted so long on my lips and even if it wore off after a while I still had a pretty good residual colour on my lips that didn’t look bad.
I love everything about this range from the packaging, to the colour, to the fruity scent, to the formulation. Ok formulation does have a few negatives to it but they do last a good time on my lips.
So let me simplify and just list out what are the positives and negatives.
Price Point: Rs 575
- Transparent and sleek packaging, easy to spot the shade.
- Does stay on for good 4-5 hours, before fading evenly
- Opaque colours giving you coverage in 1-2 swipes
- Good colour selection
- They don’t transfer quite a lot per say and might be doing do in my case cause I slather a lot of lip balm before applying the lipstick, not really giving it a chance to set completely matte on my lips.
- As these are matte lipsticks, a good lip balm before hand is a must. If not these lipsticks will tug like crazy and go on patchy on your lips. (But honestly have you heard about Ruby Woo, and yet it is the most loved colour even though it’s dry as hell to apply, so why give hell to Maybelline Super stay.
- They do dry your lips after a while and you need to re apply balm.
- Some shades go on patchy
- Pricing is an issue for me; it’s currently retailing for Rs 575 which for Maybelline is just way too high.
- They don’t stay for 14 hrs; darker shades stay for 4-5 hours with fading evenly
And yet are these cons when compared to Ruby woo which dries your lips, tugs and can be a nightmare except everyone loves the colour then why not these which tug less, dries your lips out less and are in comparison less trouble some than Ruby woo.
Ok, I admit it I love these lippies, and he’ll yes you should give it a try. If you can spend a bomb on Ruby Woo, than these are nothing in comparison to the price and are a lot less uncooperative than Ruby Woo.
- The shades I have are :
Stay with me coral a warm coral shade has been my go to shade this summer, it just brightens up my face and just so simply declares Summer is here. Happy, that I finally got this shade.
- On the other hand I haven’t shown any love yet to Infinitely Fushica which is a bright blue based pink. Again, a very good colour for summer or for me anytime of the year. (Yes,I would wear this in winter to drive away the blues and heck why not)
- Continuous Cranberry, which is a beautiful plum shaded Red lipstick, which is just perfect for my skin tone.
Right now I’m just infatuated with Keep me Coral this summer, and have not played with other lip colours. And yes, it’s worth getting it.