I’m here today with a very over looked lip balm, which might get passed over for the simple reason of its price tag. But what surprised me that this lip balm was not only inexpensive but a good performing lip balm which kept my lips nourished and hydrated for an extensive period.
Say hello to Himalaya Herbals lip balm in a tube priced only at a mere Rs30. I came across this baby last year when I was travelling and had lost my then Nivea lip balm. As I was in a hurry, I went to the nearest pharmacy I could spot and bought this baby.( They only had this at that point of time)
What it does
Himalaya’s Lip Balm, made up of completely natural actives, relieves sore and chapped lips, especially during the winter season.
Enriched with the oils of Castor, Coconut, Wheat Germ and Carrot and the extracts of Sweet Indrajao, Lip Balm protects your lips against the drying effects of the cold, wind and central heating.
- Castor Oil is used externally to relieve various inflammatory skin conditions. It is helpful in treating sunburn, acne, dry skin, boils, warts and stretch marks.
- Coconut Oil extract is an effective emollient and can be used externally for softening lips. In addition, it is an effective moisturizer for all skin types including dry skin. Coconut Oil can delay the onset of wrinkles and sagging skin which typically become prominent with age. The oil also helps in treating various skin conditions including psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema.
- Wheat Germ Oil is a rich source of natural Vitamin E which nourishes the skin and prevents moisture loss. It tones and softens the lips and exhibits potent antioxidant activity.
- Sweet Indrajao leaves are used in various skin disorders including herpes. Its astringent, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties make it ideal to treat a broad range of skin disorders.
- Carrot Seed Oil contains Vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene which is essential for tissue growth in the body. Carrot is an excellent natural antioxidant, which slows down the aging process by scavenging free radicals.
Directions for use:
Apply a thin, smooth layer of Lip Balm on your lips. Reapply throughout the day as needed for supple, smooth lips.
In all honesty I did not expect it do much but was pleasantly surprised with it soothing out my chapped lips. Ofcourse you do need to reapply it from time to time, but it does keep you lips moisturised and my lips don’t chap that often either.
So let’s break it down:
Packaging & Formulation: I love the tube packaging with the green and red combo print. It’s efficient, cute and dosent occupy space in my purse. Also the slanted tip is perfect for application on my lips, and perfect to prevent any contamination. Formulation wise it is light and absorbs into my lips after a minute or so. I don’t have the feeling that I have applied anything heavy on my lips.
Longevity: it lasts 3-4 hours, but even after it wears off, I don’t feel the rush to go and immediately reapply the lip balm. I usually apply this 2-3 times a day and find my lips are comfortably hydrated through out the day.
So if you are looking for a new lip balm, go ahead and give this a try as this has far exceeded my expectations and you can’t beat the so so reasonable price tag of Rs30. I actually have 1 of these lip balms almost everywhere in the house,car and my bag; yeah I love them that much currently.