Today I have a very special post which has not only truly made me humble about it but also super thankful. I recently got nominated for the Blogger Recognition award by a fellow blogger Arnakshi who hosts the blog Cherriesnstrawberriesblog.
I’m super grateful to Arnakshi for the nomination and feel so inspired by such nominations to write and share about the things I love with like minded people. So, once again a big thank you to Arnakshi and if you have not checked her blog Cherriesnstrawberriesblog, you totally should do so.
Now the Versatile Blogger Recognition award has some basic rules as follows:
* Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
* Write a post to show your award.
* Give a brief story of how your blog started.
* Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
* Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
* Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
To the brief history, how my blog started was by reading so many other women sharing their thoughts, experiences and opinions on their blogs. Initially, I was hesitant and not really sure, if this is something I should do, but eventually the experiment to try and see how it feels to put out my experiences,thoughts and opinions led me to start my own. And so far the journey has been great especially by getting nominated for the awards which super motivate me to continue writing.
Now the hard part is the 2 pieces of advice for new bloggers. Well,let’s see
1) Write about what you want, what you want to share, what makes you happy. Don’t follow any online blog trend, if you don’t want to. For e.g. Many blogs posting 10 Best drugstore foundations. You see that all blogs are doing the same thing and wonder if you should jump on the bandwagon as well. But if this is something you truly don’t want to do, then don’t do it. Just follow your heart or what inspires you to write.
2) Be patient; blogs just don’t take off immediately, they need time and you need to keep your self motivated to come back to it whether you have 1 follower/reader or none. You need to love your blog first and write about what you like rather than for the readers as it would reflect in your writing styles being too flat.
Now for the last part are the nominations; so here are my nominations:
- Riya Hearts
- Roti Kapda Aur Blog
(I know it has to be 15, but truly I have only 10, whose blog I believe like and wanted to nominate them and not random blogs)
So, there it is and until the next post, keep smiling.